Friday, July 8, 2011

Joy of Writing

I had written before in newspaper and magazine but this time, it is different. I have been writing letters to the editor and some write-ups in light issues but always as just another reader. However, this was the first time I wrote officially as a reporter for a newspaper.

My first assignment as a reporter was on Fashion. I had to cover the recent trends in Kathmandu, what the Kathmanduities prefer to wear? Moving from one mall to another with a notebook and pen in hand and a camera hanging through my neck, showering the salesperson and costumers with bunch of questions did feel like being a reporter. Though it was a for feature, it was for a well established paper rather than our school magazines and wall journals.

While the report I presented went through the editing process, my heart beat so loud I was afraid everyone else were listening. It was approved and my heart beat even faster and this time with happiness. After all the formalities ended, it finally was ready for publishing.

The paper, however, took longer than I excepted to come in Nepal, as it was published from Europe. Nevertheless, the online edition was all set for update. The moment I saw my name in the report, I was spell bound. It was the most wonderful moment of my life. I was so happy that as soon as my report was updated on the official site of the paper, I shared the link on my Facebook status and tagged my family and friends. I believed it was the fastest way to share my joy with my loved ones.


2 comments:

  1. That was really good. (No need to comment more, as I have already commented). Just go ahead!

    ReplyDelete