Saturday, March 27, 2010

And The Pillar Breaksdown

The death of the Legend of Nepali Politics, The Peace Maker Girija Prasad Koirala was a shock not only to Nepal but the whole world. He was a great politician with good insights, determination, conviction and great leadership skill. The single person with the power to change the entire nation.

His death was a real shock, not just because it was untimely but also because I heard about it in one FM station so I tuned in to Radio Kantipur for detail but it said he was in COMA and the situation was critical. I was real shocked then. How can a FM station get that news and Kantipur cannot. However, he was announced dead after an hour. His life is full of controversies but he death, too, could not remain an exception, if only for me. It really came as a real shock to me. I don't want to talk about the controversies that surrounds him. He was a great personality with an immense leadership power. The pillar of Nepali Politics, who initiated almost all the major revolutions. The Peace Maker who brought the then rebellions, Maoists into lights by talks. He had the power to convince people. With that one long finger of his, he could make anything happen. Sometimes, I wonder is he was a magician of some sort.

I don't want to write about his contributions because they are too long to fit in here and besides, we all know it better. I just wanted to write about the effect it made on me not on the country or political parties. We will have to wait and watch it, I m not a political expert to predict what happens next. I just wish all the political parties focus on fulfilling his dream and last wish of peace and making Constitution of Nepal.

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE!!

2 comments:

  1. Ya, that day Kantipur at 1 pm said the same. I also listened it. And I am agree with you about his strengthes. But, I think his greated weakness is that he didn't handed leadership to next generations. It is why, his party lacks leadership now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, thats true. Ha..ha!! you have a lot of gramatical mistakes here.

    ReplyDelete