Monday, March 29, 2010

Monarchy Not Ended Yet!!

The words "Monarchy has not ended, yet" spoken by former King Gyanendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev (I like to call him by this very name, the one I knew him by until he was overthrown) created a big stir throughout the country.

Many leaders were shaken, some commented he should be legally charged and some dismissed it saying it was just his daydream. I like the latter. He is a normal citizen now and has the right to freedom of speech and expression. He can say what he likes without the fear of being charged. He has the right to speech and I think he just used it, there is absolutely no reason for the leaders to overreact.

I agree with what the former King said about the Monarchy not coming to an end. I, too, think it has not ended. It still rules our heart and if voted for, I wouldn't be surprised people choosing Monarchy over Democratic Republic. We were happier and safer then we are now. Our country would have been better to be ruled by one lion rather than 1oo mouse.

Wherever we turn, all we find is loss. Loss of life, electricity, faith, money everything. It was better then. The only mistake he did was to take the absolute power in his hands and it was the biggest mistake ever. It might have been right for some reason but we have the habit of living in freedom and we don't want anyone to take it away from us. But we are forgetting that in the name of freedom, we are getting out of control. People might call me cynical or pessimist but this is what I feel and I really feel we are getting OUT OF CONTROL.

2 comments:

  1. Ya, he has right to freedom of speech.
    But, I strongly disagree with you on your view that monarchy has not ended yet. It is not fault of republic that we are facing those losses. It is the fault of the way we use it. Monarchy is worse than republic in any way.
    I also don't think that majority desires for date-expired medicine for their new diseases. Got it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's your opinion about monarchy, I expressed mine. As far as republic is concerned, let me make it clear that anything that is misused is never good for anyone. I agree its the fault of the way we use it but what's the use of having something if we don't know how to use it? It's like gifting 90 year old village grandmother a computer and asking her to use the internet. Its of no use at all. And beside that don't think monarchy as as expired medicine, it could rather be an experiment going on to create a new medicine using the old formula.

    ReplyDelete