Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bow infront of no man

Every time an important person, Presidents, VPs and PMs visit Nepal or any other country then the national flag is placed on the pillars at different places. This is to show respect to the important people who visit out country or go out from here. I like the idea, too, but I think that while showing respect to the people, we forget our flag. Our flag is placed on the bent position,it seems as if it is bowing in front of the people, which is why I don't like the idea. The fault is not of the way it is placed but the way the pillars are designed. The top of the pillars are bent so this happens. However, I still think it is not a good idea to bow our flag, our identity and our proud, in front of others. I strongly believe and would like to apply Salman Rusdie's quote "Bow in front of no man" in this case. Our flag is our pride, why do we bow our pride in front of others???

1 comment: